Here are some links and helpful hints about and for horse folks. Check them out!
You know Sierra Ranch, LLC loves OTTB’s! Check out this great article on retraining them and what it takes.
Racing is a physically demanding sport, and even with the best intentions many racehorses end up with an injury that forces them into retirement from the track. And while some horses have serious enough injuries to warrant euthanasia or full pasture retirement, many horses, with proper treatment and time, can be rehabilitated and go on to second careers. Read More
Fit a Hunter Bridle
Follow this easy five-step guide to make sure your hunter horse’s bridle fits perfectly.
1. The browband lies flat across the horse’s brow, close to but not touching the base of his ears. If it droops or slips, showing daylight, it is too large.
2. The noseband fits snugly across the nose, no more than half an inch below the horse’s cheekbone.
3. The bit should be adjusted so it creates two to three wrinkles in the corners of the horse’s mouth.
4. The cheekpieces should lie flush against the face without pinching. Make sure all free ends of the bridle are secured in their keepers.
5. The throatlatch should fit neatly, but should allow the width of a hand to fit between it and the horse.
Great tips to go to the next horse show with.
As I am typing this severe storms are hitting Oklahoma. Check out this link for tips on how to prepare your horses and other animals for when the storm hits.
Remember to check out Oklahoma Horse Online for great local events from trail rides to rodeos.
Weather is getting warmer and perfect for riding. Call for an appointment to come meet the Champions at Sierra Ranch, LLC!
Sierra Ranch, LLC