We are looking for some comments and suggestions.
Most of the horse people I know only use their horses in the spring and fall, then they are left to fend for themselves in summer and winter. Wouldn’t it be better for both human and equine if the horse was leased rather than owned?
- The leased horse comes with a saddle that fits him and his rider.
- The leased horse gets regular farrier work as part of the lease.
- The leased horse gets regular veterinary care and vaccinations as part of the lease.
- The leased horse has access to horse transportation to and from events, trails etc.
- The leased horse can be changed at the request of his rider for another without a penalty.
- This means that as a rider progresses he or she can trade for a more spirited or performance oriented horse at any time.
- And finally, the horse gets care all year long.
Let us know what you think. I know the hoses we first had were not the same caliber as the ones we have now, partially due to the fact that we are better riders. That’s kinda part of the reason we have so many horses. But, a lesson horse is not quite the same as leasing in that you never know who is on it. The leased horse would have pretty much one ride. Kinda leads to the whole owning without having to make that first big commitment.
Thanks in advance for you input.